Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pete Yorn - Girl Like You

This branch is only capable of having one twig, and on it, one leaf. An illusion of so many other twigs and its lush outlook bothers some. It isn't an illusion I tell you. This tree, or whatever that is left of it is set on a quaint town, for its inhabitants to be there, almost a miracle.

But nobody gives it a second look. What an apt name, weeping willow. Who is gullible enough to believe this?

So what, is it all right for you to slither away with your ankle bound to another but I cannot even own an illusion of many other twigs and leaves? How rooted am I to this prison? Its punishment for the better of me.

That which binds us is no longer with me. Not anymore.



****************

Thank God, thank God, thank God. Thank you God, thank you God, thank you God!!!

Except, what do I do now?

No comments: