Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wall-E

Before I sing praises of Wall-E, here's a video I'd like to share. Project Blue is an advocate to this.

The Story of Stuff

I know it's probably longer than most Youtube videos, but I thought it was worth the wait.

Wall-E is

f.r.e.a.k.i.n.g a.w.e.s.o.m.e!!!



First off, Disney Pixar animation totally trumps everything else!! Actually that might have been exaggerated just a wee bit. Apart from the Toy Story series and A Bug's Life, I've watched everything else that came from that studio. And I've never been disappointed.

As cliche as it is, Wall-E is also far from disappointing.

After watching The Story Of Stuff, I felt like Wall-E is the perfect touch to it. The Earth on Wall-E is how the Earth will potentially look like in a few decades to come, if we keep up out destruction of the planet.

So apparently, that happened, and the inhabitants of Earth had to migrate to outer space. And with technology like substantiating life in space, people eventually made even more funky gadgets to ease life.

Slowly, mankind in general were expanding particularly in the midsection and at one point, cannot even get up on their own if they had fallen off their comfy hovering robotic chairs.

I dread to imagine that in reality (but I think TaiPaTaiPa fits that category - almost), it would be downright humiliating.

Anyway, I personally found it amazing that the movie is so entertaining, that in the first 30 minutes at least, there was no script. No words, only actions and sounds. And the cinema still managed to burst into laughter.

I loved all the scenes with Wall-E's pet cockroach. It just sort of scurries and bounces around. It's so cute, I swear! I'm ashamed to say it's better than Spongebob and his pet snail, Gary.

It's a very original movie I thought, that actually serves a purpose and has a solid moral message to it.

I would so watch this again. That makes four in my list.

The Dark Knight because I was so freaking sleepy that only when a Lambo was sacrificed, I actually started paying attention. Don't ask me how I did it, I'm a pig.

The Mummy because I was too fucking drunk making my own Screwdriver, the movie lost me at the dragon/bird/lizard thing. I did however, managed on my own accord, notice that the girl who played Michelle Yeoh's daughter is quite pretty. =D

Forgetting Sarah Marshall because fat assholes sitting in their leather cushions in the Board of Censorship decided to cut out the whole movie. With the way they bleeped and sliced the film, they might as well not even show it. Stupid cows.

And Wall-E because I love it and I want to have its babies.

Which would be rather impossible because he's a computer graphic. Of a robot. In an animation. That's in love with Eve.

By the way, I say 20/10 : )

No comments: