Sunday, January 31, 2010

I Am Not Unlike You

What I am doing to you, as relieving for me as it is, is no less than human.

What I am doing to you, it gives me a rush of satisfaction.

I preach it. But what you did to me was horrible yet it is so easy for me to be punishing you the same way. I am no less human, no more a monstrosity. But I am more humane than you could ever be.

You.

Feel.

No.

Guilt.

Everything is just a gimmick to you. Every chance you get. Everything in your path. All subjected to your choices. The lesser, the outcasts. And you greed for the rest.

You are like one of those people who go around systematically pilfering champagne glasses from the parties you're invited to.

Many things you do disgust me.

You are shameful. There is no escaping that.

Yet, so am I.


Florence and the Machine - Cosmic Love

No comments: