Monday, November 23, 2009

The Menace In Me

I think it's time for a wake up call. I've been behaving like a recluse for the past, I don't know, three weeks? Immersed in a sense of narcissism.

I am churlish. I am cynical. I am unaccommodating. I am niggardly. I am a menace that walks this land. Her stale limpid eyes pierce through my heart. Am I bound to this life, or am I clinging on to it?

Sometimes you think I don't care. Sometimes you miss me. Sometimes we walk together. Sometimes you frustrate me. Sometimes you make me jealous. Sometimes I frighten you. Sometimes you frighten me. But not always.

I think it takes a certain degree of sacrifice. I want to eviscerate myself for you because every glance I steal I feel completely dismantled. I will give you my pulpy putrid mass of a heart. But I am selfish in my reticence. I cannot will not give you the miles of mountains you ask for.

I am a menace. You know it. I know it.

No comments: